I’ve just read here that Thailand plans to give one laptop to every child. If only I was still in Thailand then I would have gotten a free laptop too. The “One Laptop Per Child” project has been going on for a while now. What I found funny was that they will be going 30 computers in October and then 500 more in November. I’m not sure if that’ll be enough. I think there are more than 530 kids living in Thailand.
Top 10 reasons to get a laptop…
- they’re convenient to have
- the prices are slowly going down
- you can take them on vacation with you
- you can personalize them the way you want
- all the cool geeks have one
- they getting almost as powerful as desktop computers
- you can type out your blog where ever you go
- they’re good for watching movies on
- you can get work done anytime
- you can connect online just about anywhere
I’ve recently placed an order online to get the Nikon D50. Currently, they are out of stock and will sent me the item as soon as it becomes available. The customer service rep has informed me that they restock items that are in back order within five business days. So here’s this week Top 10 list.
Top 10 reasons to buy online…
- you can shop around in your underwear
- it’s just as easy as shopping in store
- no sales rep to hassle you
- items gets delivered right to your door
- more detailed information
- online store is open 24/7
- comparing prices is easier
- opinion of other consumers are available online
- save time from having to go to the store
- better discounts
It’s early Sunday morning and normally, I would be heading to bed right about now. But there’s been a slight change of schedule. I am now working the morning shift instead of the night shifts. I tried to get to work as fast as I could but I couldn’t get out of bed in time. I got out of bed as fast as I could and jumped into the car. On the way to work, I stopped by McDonald’s and grabbed something quick. So here’s this week’s top 10.
Top 10 breakfast…
- egg sausage burrito
- hash browns
- pancakes with maple syrup
- sunny side up eggs
- egg, ham, bacon and sausage with toasted english muffin
- french toast
- scrambled eggs
- toasted bagel with cream cheese
Hooey! It’s damn hot out there! Right now, the temperature is at 33 degrees Celcius but it feels like bloddy 50! I had to go head over to my grandma’s house this afternoon to fix their computer and as soon as I opened the door, I was hit by this massive heat wave. I got into my car and it was scorching too. Even with all the windows down it was no match against the heat. So here are some suggestions for you if you want to beat the heat wave.
Top 10 ways to stay cool…
- dress down, shorts and t-shirts works best
- drinks lots of fluid
- take a dip in the pool
- stay in shaded areas
- eat an icecream
- head down to the lake, it’s windy there
- exercise, the sweat will cool you down
- don’t go outside
- get an airconditioner
- go to the mall, it’s usually air conditioned
- run around naked
These days, it’s hard to find someone without a cell phone. But those who possess one don’t know how to use them properly. When I’m on the bus, I can hear people having private conversations as if they were alone. I don’t think they realize that everyone on the bus can hear them. And some people still don’t know how to turn their cell phones off when they’re in the theatre.
Top 10 cell phone etiquette…
- do not use your cell phone while you are driving
- if you are talking with someone, don’t answer your phone, that’s just rude
- please have your cell phone turned off in areas that requires silence
- there is no need to scream into your cell phone
- having a wireless earpiece does not make you cool
- it is okay to forget your cell phone at home every once in a while
- please change your ring tone so it doesn’t play an annoying song
- don’t try to impress anyone with your cell phone, that is so 1990′s
- do not answer your phone if you’re at work and yell at the other person for calling at work
- if you’re giving a order at a restaurant, stay off the phone
- do not multitask when you’re on the phone
I was listening to Big B Radio at work last night and DJ Cheese, a fellow Canadian, was on the air. I had tuned in just in time to catch her Top 10 list. That was a coincident because I have a weekly Top 10 list that I post every Sunday. Her category was Top 10 Cheesie pick up lines. Since I’m a computer geek, I thought I’d look around for a geeky version. Unless you’re into computers, you may not understand them all. And no, I don’t use these pickup lines at the annual Computer Show.
Top 10 geeky pickup lines…
- You had me at “Hello World!”
- Mind if I run a sniffer to see if your ports are open?
- I can tell by your emoticons that you’re looking for some company
- By looking at you I can tell you’re 36-25-36, which by the way are all perfect squares
- You must be Windows 95 because you got me so unstable
- You can put a Trojan on my Hard Drive anytime
- I’m attracted to you so much that scientists will begin to doubt the Theory of Relativity.
- Yes, that is a real light saber replica in my pocket but I’m still happy to see you.
- With my IQ and your body we could begin a race of genetic superchildren to conquer the earth
- If you were a booger, I’d pick you
- I have a 21inch… monitor
I been taking the bus for quite some time now. I’ve spend a lot of time just waiting for it. This morning, I had to go pee really badly and with my luck, the mens washroom was out of order. I had to run over to McDonalds to use their washroom. By the time I was done, the bus had already left. So I had to wait another half an hour for the next one. When it comes to me and buses, things never go my way.
Top 10 things I hate about taking the bus…
- when you’re late, the bus is running late as well
- if you’re running to catch the bus, you’ll end up missing it
- majority of the bus drivers can’t drive
- it seems like everyone goes on the bus at the same time you do
- no matter how packed the bus is, the driver always thinks there’s room for more
- when you’re in a rush, there are people who will get off at every stop
- the bus driver can’t wait for a second
- you always end up sitting next to someone who smells
- the bus driver likes to constantly hit the breaks
- when you want to get off at a certain stop, the bus driver always misses that stop.
I hate it when people forward me emails. I never forward anything to anyone so isn’t that enough of a hint to say that I don’t like forwarding emails. I don’t know why people take the time to forward then. They do it because the email tells them too. I don’t even bother to read them anymore. As soon as I see, “FW:…” I just hit the delete button.
Top 10 things I hate about forwards…
- I get the same forwards from people on my contact list
- it’s the same forwards as before.
- they are a waste of time
- it is mostly nonsense
- I hate having to delete them all the time.
- people who forward the emails are gullible
- nobody checks to see who has already received the forwards
- forwards are stupid
- there are no messages to me in the forwards, it comes as is.
- there are thousands of lines worth of junk like people’s email address
It’s the summer time and the ladies are out wearing practically next to nothing. I have to head to work for a double shift so I doubt I’d have time to think of this later on during the day, so I might as well get it publish now. Here’s this week’s list, in no particular order. I got stuck in a few so I had to ask some of the guys for input.
Top 10 things that girls do that guys find sexy…
- flinging their hair back while they’re talking to you
- the way they say, “Awwwww.”
- when they tell you to come over by wiggling their index finger
- the way their hips sway when they walk
- when they bite their lip
- a smile on their face puts a smile on your face
- licking an ice cream
- the way they beg you by showing cleavage
- the way jog
- the way they play pool
- they way they pout (by Sotra Upthemountain, ya, that’s his last name)
A couple of items that didn’t quite make the list, for obvious reasons, “the way they fart” was suggested by Sao. Dude, that’s not sexy. That’s just plain down right nasty. Never once in my life have I heard a girl farting. Guys do it all the time. The guys I hang out with take pride in their farts. When they let one loose, they want the whole world to know. I would probably admit to murder before I’d admit to farting. That stuff is just fowl, you don’t want to be linked to that. I don’t care how close I am to my friends, I don’t fart in their presence. But apparently, the idea of girls tooting turns some guys on. The rest of us guys prefer to be out of the room when that happens.
And of course, “they way they pick their noses” was suggested by Socheat. Yeah, that’s hot! Something about seeing someone with a finger up their nose is very attractive. I’ve seen people pick their nose, roll it into a ball and then flick it. The picking the nose part is kind of disgusting but the flicking part is rather funny. That person actually took the time to roll their snot into a ball. Anyhow, rhinotillexomania is the kind of thing you do in the privacy of your own home.
Yet another boring Sunday where nothing happens at all. My sleep has been messed up from my night shifts. I didn’t wake up until 5:00pm today. I had planned on getting up in time to visit Buskerfest in Dundas but it ended at 6:00pm. I guess I’ll have to wait until next year.
Well, here goes another top ten thing again. I missed the one last week because I forgot about it.
Top 10 things I found when googling my name…