Back to Square One

I spend the majority of my time in Mississauga today. I had to go there for an interview for a Tech Support position. The day didn’t turn out to be too bad, given the fact that I haven’t slept yet. Right now, I feel like passing out right here on this concrete bench. But it’s too nice of a day to be outside sleeping. I’ll sleep later when I get home.

I couldn’t sleep last night because I had coffee earlier that night. I thought maybe it would be out of my system by the time I got home but lately my sleep routine has been out of whack due to late night work on the computer. I didn’t fall sleep in time so I decided to just stay up the rest of the night.

Around 8:00am, I started to get ready for the interview. I had plenty of time since the interview wasn’t schedule until 11:00am. I grabbed a coffee and bagel and caught the 9:30 to Square One. Part way through the bus ride I started to get a little woozy. This happened to me a lot when I was younger so I knew what to expect. I knew that eventually it’ll come out. I just hoped that I can hold it in long enough until I get off the bus. What makes it worse is that we haven’t even left Hamilton yet. The ride to Mississauga would be about an hour long so I had to do what I can. This bus didn’t have puke bags and I’m not going to let it out in my backpack.

The bus arrived at Square One around 10:30. I got off the bus as fast as I could, ran around the corner and blahhhhh. Luckily it wasn’t that busy in that area so nobody same me. Everything that came out was brown. so much for the stuff that’s supposed to help keep me awake. After doing what I had to do, it’s not time to find the building where the interview is being held. It wasn’t easy because I was still feeling a little woozy. After five to ten minutes or so, I finally managed to find the building. The place looked pretty good. They had marble floors, glass doors and a waterfall. I found the suite where the business was with ease. I approached the receptionist and informed her that I was there for an interview. She was going to notify the interviewer but I told her that I’m just going to run to the washroom because I wasn’t feeling well. I had to take the elevator to then first floor, asked the door man where the nearest washroom was. He said the closest one would be on the second floor. I took the elevator back and ran into the washroom. I stood over the sink waiting for something to come out but nothing. So I went back to the office and started the interview. It didn’t last that long. The guy just wanted to know about some work background. I told him what I could to the best of my abilities. I don’t think the interview went too good. Part way through it, I felt like puking some more. Not a good sign. After the interview ended, the interviewer told me he’ll let me know Friday if I get the job or not. I don’t think I will because he barely jotted down any notes about me, so much for that.

I spend the next couple hours walking around Square One, hoping this woozy feeling would go away. It sure did it’s time to leave. Since it was nice out, I went outside and got some fresh air, hoping that might do the trick. It was really nice out today. I had a nice view too. I got bored so I took some pictures with my phone.

Water fountain outside Square One

That’s a picture of a fountain outside of Square One. The surroundings was really nice too. Everything looked so clean. I don’t think Hamilton has a place like this. I became even more bored so I took a picture of my shadow. The camera quality isn’t too bad.

My shadow

I was hoping that by the time the bus comes, I would be rid of this wooziness but nope. The bus came and I was still feeling sick. I tried sleeping it off during the ride home but as soon as we got towards Hamilton, it came back. I had to get off at McMaster University and walk home. I’m not really dressed for an hours worth of walk but I didn’t have a choice. Either stay on the bus and puke or get off and enjoy the weather. I decided on the latter. It’s a good thing too because I ran into a friend and he offered me a ride home. Thank goodness his car had air conditioning. I was dying from the heat.

I don’t think I’m going to be sleeping any time soon. I feel a bit tired but I can’t sleep during the day. I’ll just end up lying there in bed. I might as well do something productive.